The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Schedule
The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration takes place this year on FRIDAY, JULY 4th 2014
Location: The Greenbelt in downtown Idaho Falls
What’s on Tap for 2014
- Melaleuca Freedom Celebration dinner
- Freedom Symphony
- Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Fireworks
- DOs and DON’Ts
- Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Schedule
The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Dinner is held at the Shilo Inn, 780 Lindsay Blvd., Idaho Falls. Ticket prices are $29 for adults and $16 for children 12 years of age and under.
The Freedom Symphony will play along the banks of the Snake River at the Shilo Inn. Under the direction of Eric Wenstrom, conductor of the Teton Chamber Orchestra, the symphony will offer a one-hour long program of patriotic and popular music.
The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration is the largest fireworks show west of the Mississippi River. It is choreographed shell for shell and note for note with a beautiful broadcast of patriotic music and narration. Fireworks begin at approximately 10:00 PM. BRING YOUR RADIO TUNED TO KLCE 97.3FM! The fireworks are FREE!
Melaleuca Freedom Celebration
DOs and DON’Ts
The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration is getting closer and closer.
In the interest of public safety, the Idaho Falls Police Department is providing some guidelines to follow.
- No alcohol will be allowed in public areas.
- No fireworks will be allowed before or during the celebration (around the greenbelt area)
- No parking will be permitted in the following areas,Riverside Drive from Memorial to Vissing Circle, River Parkway from Driftwood Hotel north to the boat docks or US20 on the pavement, the day of the 4th or the 5th.Any vehicles parked in these areas will be towed.
- The boat docks will be closed to vehicle traffic from July 2nd thru the 6th.
- No tarps are permitted on the grass due to damage they cause.
- No pedestrians will be allowed in the area near the forebay, sectioned off for fireworks launching, or on the grass to the south.
- Enjoy the best fireworks celebration in the area.
- Allow plenty of time to find parking and a place to watch the celebration.
- HAVE FUN
There will be no parking on Riverside drive at E street and Memorial to the US-20 on ramp, including Vissing Circle, starting at 7:00am on the 4th. This area will be closed to all motor vehicle traffic on the 4th from 7:00pm until the conclusion of the fireworks.
No parking will be permitted in the following areas: Riverside Drive from Memorial to Vissing Circle, River Parkway from Driftwood Hotel north to the boat docks or US20 on the pavement, the day of the 4th or the 5th. Any vehicles parked in these areas will be towed.
No parking on US-20 over Johns Hole Bridge.
Handicapped parking is available on Riverside Drive with permit only (space is limited).
Please plan on alternate routes when leaving the fireworks.
To help with parking and traffic delays, carpool with friends and neighbors.
Try to park away from the greenbelt and walk in. Downtown parking is available.
7:00 p.m. Doors Open at the Shilo Inn (all guests must present a ticket and receive a wrist band)
7:45 p.m. Presentation of Colors, playing of the National Anthem, recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance
8:00-9:00 p.m. Buffet Dinner
8:50 – 9:00 p.m. Introductions of Honored Guests
9:00-10:00 p.m. Freedom Symphony program
10:00-10:30 p.m. Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Fireworks with Musical Accompaniment over KLCE 97.3 FM