The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration?
- Where is it held?
- Where is the best place to watch the fireworks?
- How do I get there ?
- Where can I park?
- How can I get a ticket to the Freedom Celebration dinner and Freedom Symphony performance?
- Can I buy dinner and Symphony tickets at the Shilo?
- What will the Freedom Symphony be playing?
- What’s the weather going to be like?
1. What is the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration?
It is an annual evening event held near or on Independence Day (held on July 4th in 2013). Now in its twentieth year, the celebration is sponsored by Melaleuca of Idaho Falls, Idaho. The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration honors America and, in particular, the more than one million servicemen and women who died in our country’s wars to protect our freedom.
2. Where is it held?
The Celebration has two major components:
1. The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Dinner and Freedom Symphony Orchestra performance (advance tickets required) takes place at the Shilo Inn, located at 780 Lindsay Blvd. 83402, (along the Snake River) in downtown Idaho Falls.
2. The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Fireworks display, which is free to all, is visible all along the Idaho Falls Greenbelt.
3. Where is the best place to watch fireworks?
The fireworks display is visible all along the Idaho Falls Greenbelt. There are are many ideal places to watch the fireworks so this will ultimately depend on how early you arrive and your own preferences. The fireworks will be shot from the boat ramp nearest the Highway 20 bridge. Any location along the entire Idaho Falls Greenbelt will afford ideal viewing. The fireworks will be launched from the spot marked on the map below.
4. How do I get there?
Click here to see an interactive map of the area at MapQuest.com to get driving directions from your location. Please note that the above link is a map to the address of the Shilo Inn. This is because the Shilo Inn is very close to the launch site of the Fireworks, not because it will be the best place for you to go. Your real final ‘destination’ should be anywhere in the general area around where the fireworks are launched. See the see the local map below. Also, this event is likely to be more crowded than you expect, so take special note of the “Where can I park?” question below.
5. Where can I park?
Parking is always at a premium – and spaces fill up fast. Most hotel lots are reserved for their guests. You are urged to car pool and find parking away from the Greenbelt and then walk in.
6. How can I get a ticket to the Melaleuca Freedom Celebration dinner and Freedom Symphony performance?
Tickets will go on sale June 1st – $28.00 for adults and $15.00 for children. Tickets can be purchased at the Melaleuca Product Store located on the corner of Broadway and Capital in downtown Idaho Falls. The address is 330 North Capital; Idaho Falls, ID 83401. Store hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m to 6 p.m. on Saturday. No telephone orders, please.
9. What’s the weather going to be like?
We can’t promise anything but you can see what the folks at AccuWeather say the weather is going to be like for the next few days in the box below.
You can check out The AccuWeather 15 Day Forecast for Idaho Falls on their website